May 25, 2010

Fistula Surgery

I’m baaaaak.

It’s me Mike. I know I said I’d get right back to you guys, but sometimes life has a way of getting in the way of doing things we said we’d do.

So on Monday May 24th, Diane went to the doctor to talk about creating access points for her upcoming dialysis.

The Doctor (Dr Charles Douvill MD), politely corrected my wrong ideas of what a fistula is.

A fistula is where they (the doctor) do surgery to enlarge some blood veins. These newly enlarged blood veins are then used as access points for the dialysis treatments.

Diane is scheduled to go into Providence Hospital on the 27th of May (Thursday) to have the procedure (fistula) done.
The surgery is scheduled for 12:30, and is expected to take about an hour or so. We are expecting to bring her back home on the same day. Hopefully, we’ll get her back home between 4 and 5 pm.
I know, I know, don’t let her eat or drink for 24 hours. Well see how it goes.


On the Insurance-disability-Medicaid front

Holy cow man, I’ve been working on Diane’s SS disability application for 3 days now. Not 3 days in a row, but 3 days over a weeks time. I work on it for a couple of hours at a time, but too much screen time at one sitting gives me a headache.

The application asks the same questions over and over, page after page. It’s difficult to repeat the same answers time after time. I think that the next time I open up the application I’ll just push all the way through it and not look back.

On top of the SS application, I’m attempting to start our own web site to finish our blog on. I need to find some dedicated hours to train my focus on that project. An hour here and an hour there just ain’t going to cut it.

Belanna

Belanna has been dealing with this thing really well. At least on the surface.
All these years since she was born, she’s been the center of my focus during the times we are together (not at work).

Now though, we are in a position where when I come home from work, I have a lot of other work to do before my brain turns into mush from exhaustion. Unfortunately, doing that extra work devastates Belanna’s and mine together time. I feel terrible. I know she has to be feeling neglected with all these life changes.

It’s a shame I don’t have more energy.

Well folks, I’ve got to go. The medical bills have started rolling in, so I have to go see how many ways there are to molest our family budget to insure ongoing treatment.

See ya all next time.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment