Sep 25, 2010

Transplant orientation

Hi all,

Now that the ball is rolling on the transplant procedure, information is starting to come in a little more frequently. Which means I have more opportunity to share new information with all of you.

On Sept. 29th we have an appointment at O.H.S.U. to go to an educational/orientation session to learn the procedures leading up to, and during, and post kidney transplant.
Diane has invited Grace to go with us (Grace is one of Diane’s cousins).
I’ll be taking the day off work so I can attend.

It’s always so comforting to have a family member to accompany us to these sorts of things. The company somehow makes the event a little less scary.

We also learned that Diane needs to go through a battery of tests and screens. Some of these tests are, Mammogram, Pap smear, blood test, Dental test. (I’m just going from memory here. Diane is asleep right now so I can not ask if there was anything else. So don’t shoot me if I missed something.) These tests are designed to search for any hidden cancers or diseases.

A kidney transplant patient can not have any preexisting or ongoing medical problems that are unrelated to the kidney failure specifically.


Autumn is here, the leaves are starting to change colors, and the mornings and evenings are getting colder.
My project for the next week or so is to get a load of fire wood for the wood stove. I’m thinking that a crackling fire during the coolist part of the day will bring a great comfort to our girl.

With that said, I’ve got to go and get busy today. There’s only one Saturday a week, so I got to get as much done today as I can. (Who wants to miss football on Sunday?)

No comments:

Post a Comment